Landlord & Rental Property Insurance
Landlord & Rental Property Insurance is essential for anyone who owns rental property, even if it’s only one unit. It covers second homes and vacation homes, and you can include several properties under one policy.
Landlord & Rental Property Insurance provides coverage for the following types of properties:
• One to four units, including apartments and condos.
• Single or multi-family homes.
• Other properties that you own and rent to others.
Landlord & Rental Property Insurance includes:
• Protection from certain types of liability unique to landlords, such as
wrongful eviction and entry.
• Coverage for physical damage to the structure of the rental property caused
by fire, lightning, wind, hail, ice, snow or other covered perils.
• Liability coverage including legal fees and medical expenses if a tenant or
one of their guests gets hurt on the property.
• Coverage for loss of rental income if your property is being repaired or
rebuilt due to damage from a covered loss.
• Coverage for personal property you may leave on-site for maintenance or
tenant use like appliances, lawnmowers and snow blowers.
Did You Know?
An average homeowner’s insurance policy doesn’t cover the property if the homeowner is not living there because renters occupying a property carry a different set of risks and liabilities than homeowners do.
Discover How Bellwether Can Benefit You.