An important feature of boat insurance is fuel spill liability coverage which most marinas require. Other coverages we offer include passengers’ personal property and marine towing.
• Liability Insurance provides coverage for bodily injury and property damage
caused by your boat.
• Hull Insurance protects against loss caused by damage or destruction to the
boat, motor, trailer and accessories as described in the policy’s declarations.
Accidental Spill Coverage
• Accidental Spill Coverage pays the cost of cleaning up a fuel spill, even if
your boat sinks. Most marinas require this coverage.
• According to the Oil Pollution Act of 1990, a boat owner may be liable for
clean-up costs up to the statutory limit (currently $854,400).
Other coverages include these and more:
• Emergency assistance and towing
• Protection from uninsured or underinsured boats
• Loss of fishing gear and other personal items
• Wreckage removal
• Roadside assistance if your trailer breaks down
A boat endorsement on your homeowner’s insurance provides very limited coverage with many exclusions. And a homeowner’s endorsement usually has a cap well below the boat’s value.
Did You Know?
Discover How Bellwether Can Benefit You.